Thursday, 3 October 2013

Another.


I recently came across Jewellery designer Another Feather on Instagram, its amazing how many creatives you can find using the platform as there creative outlet and vision. The simplicity of the collection helps the pieces flow effortlessly side by side, classic yet still possessing the homemade, fragile beauty a quality often misplaced. Oozing personality and a designers love affair with her pieces. While I was in Hawaii I attended a jewellery making workshop where we shaped, drilled and soldered our own bracelets and earrings, as I don't wear earrings I took it upon myself to shape and make my own stack rings. They were delicate, slim silver bands, carefully hammered creating soft ridges which caught the softness of the light. It all came so natural to me, jewellery making has always seemed like such a delicate art and something I've always wanted to explore. Another Feathers collection is so subtly beautiful and reminded me of my desire to finish my own collection that was brought to life yet forgotten back on the beaches of Hawaii. 
Emilie Layla Lovaine
Follow on Bloglovin
 uk british blogger, top uk blogger 2013, fashion blogger, british blogger, top blogger


7 comments:

  1. I love "around the workshop" shots and seeing artisans in action. <3 this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!! follow each other on GFC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! Cute layout and especially cute site. Arghhhh - Style Served Fresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James! I'm super happy with the new design

      Delete